Governing Body Organisation
Schools are run by a Governing Body working with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team. The Governing Body is made up of parent, staff, local authority and co-opted representatives.
The Governing Body takes a strategic role, acting as a critical friend to the school and is accountable for its decisions. It sets aims and objectives and agrees, monitors and reviews policies, targets and priorities. Our Governing body consists of 11 governors. There are four committees; Finance, Personnel, Curriculum and Property. All governors sit on at least two of these committees.
|Name||Category||Term of Office||Term of Office Expiry||Appointed By||Relationship with school staff||Relevant business interests||Other establishments they govern|
Chair of Governors
Chair of Property & Curriculum Committees
|Four Years||02.03.19||Governing Body||None||None||None|
|Kelly Joynes||Co-Opted Governor||Four Years||08.03.24||Governing Body||None||None||None|
|Caroline Spencer||Co-Opted Governor||Four Years||22.05.20||Governing Body||None||Bromsgrove District Councillor||Rigby Hall|
|Katie Coleby||Parent Governor||Four Years||15.10.22||Governing Body||None||None||None|
Chair of Finance and Personnel Committees
|Four Years||11.03.22||Governing Body||None||None||None|
|Julie Sadler||LA Governor||Four Years||05.11.21||Local Authority||None||None||None|
|Juliette Fleming||Parent Governor||Four Years||12.03.21||Elected by Parents||None||None||None|
|Matthew Mason||Staff Governor||Four Years||05.11.21||Governing Body||Employed as Deputy Head Teacher||None||None|
|Stuart Evans||Head Teacher||n/a||n/a||Governing Body||Wife is a class teacher||None||None|
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT
1. The name of the school is FINSTALL FIRST SCHOOL.
2. The school is a COMMUNITY SCHOOL.
3. The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Finstall First School".
4. The governing body shall consist of:
a. Two parent governors
b. One LA governor
c. One staff governor
d. One headteacher
e. Six co-opted governors
5. Total number of governors 11
6. This instrument of government comes into effect on 9th June 2014.
7. This instrument was made by order of Worcestershire Local Authority on 9th June 2014.
8. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governor body (and the headteacher if not a governor), any trustees and to the appropriate religious body.